On May 12, in anticipation of the E3 Conference, Microsoft debuted the Xbox 360, the second version of its popular gaming console.
With a slew of internet, media, and communication capabilities, Microsoft is betting that the Xbox 360 will reach beyond the niche gamers to become the living-room standard for centralized entertainment, but not if Sony or Nintendo have anything to say about it. Both companies released new versions of their gaming consoles within the next week. To date, Microsoft has not made a dime on the Xbox, but according to Bill Gates, all the big points will be scored in round two.
Most frequent messages
1. Microsoft seeks lead with early Xbox release
2. Xbox 360 gives users access to more online features
3. Microsoft predicts Xbox will be key profit generator
4. Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo jockey for position
5. Xbox takes gaming to the next level
Based on 143 national, business, and top regional media articles from May 12-20, 2005
Evaluation and analysis by Biz360