· Alex Mills, communications team leader at South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue
· Ruth Wharram, media and communications manager at London Chamber of Commerce
· Paul Doran, founder of Switch Communications
· Sarah Porter, senior programme director at 33 Digital
· Alex Pearmain, director at Brands2Life
· Simon Booth-Lucking, digital director at Claremont
Group chair and Ketchum associate digital and social media director Danny Whatmough said: ‘The PR industry seriously deserves recognition for the digital work that it does. We are responsible for some of the most creative uses of new technologies, and yet there are times when other industries get most of the talking space.
‘I believe the digital group can play an important role in driving best practices across the industry but also in revealing and publicising the level of digital expertise in the PR industry. In this way, we can hopefully encourage the next generation of digital strategists to think about a career in PR.’
The group was formed at the end of 2008 and its remit includes raising standards of digital and social media use throughout the PR industry and providing advice and strategic direction to the PRCA.
Have you registered with us yet?
Register now to enjoy more articles and free email bulletinsRegister
Already registered?Sign in
Join a growing community of PRWeek comms professionals today
- Read more articles each month
- Sign up for free specialised news bulletins