- Global Radio is on the hunt for a new breakfast presenter for flagship London station 95.8 Capital FM, after announcing that Johnny Vaughan was leaving the station.
- The Guardian has put its PaidContent website up for sale with a price tag of $20m (£12.7m), three years after it bought the New York-based digital publishing and events business.
- Spotify has reached 2.5 million paying customers, as the firm continues its subscription drive. The digital music service has accelerated uptake of its paid-for services to help in record label negotiations.
- HMV is making a foray into online movie rentals with its launch last week of a branded on-demand film service, featuring Harry Potter, X-Men and other big-budget titles.
- Time Out Group will expand its daily deals service after acquiring private buying club Keynoir for an undisclosed sum.
The group hopes to boost transactions on its travel websites.